Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 9: The Life-long Benefits of Strength Training


That's right! We are going to add some simple strength training exercises to our challenge. Jillian Michaels would be so proud of us!

There are many benefits to doing regular strength training exercises. After reading the article below I just knew we had to add this to the challenge (and I really hope I can maintain this habit for the rest of my life).

Why Strength Training is a Must for Everyone

Remember this is something you only need to do two times a week ten to twenty minutes a day. After a while you can add another day to your schedule making it three times a week.

The article is really good at laying out what kind of strength training exercises you should be doing. To make things easy on you below are several links to simple strength training exercises online. I personally love Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD (I think it is $10 at the store). The workouts are twenty minutes long and she mixes cardio, strength and abs. By the end of the workout I am always dripping with sweat. There are a lot of short strength training exercises on Youtube or runnersworld.com as well.

I will be starting this habit tomorrow! Happy strength training!

Jillian Michaels: The Great 1 month Slim-down

Month 3 Workout: Self Challenge 2010

SELF Fitness: Get fit in 15 minutes


Strength Training at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment