Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 2: "Take Your Vitamins"


How many times have we heard this "Remember to take your vitamins"? Just last year at my annual physical my doctor asked me if I was taking a multivitamin each day. He then listed all the reasons why I should make taking vitamins a part of my daily life.

There is a lot of controversy in the health world today regarding vitamins. Many have said that taking a multivitamin is a waste of money because there are no health benefits. Others have said that taking your vitamins everyday helps you receive many of the necessary nutrients your body needs.

In the past several years I have been asked several times by my regular family doctor and OBGYN if I was taking daily vitamins. I am pretty good at taking them, but am not as good as I could be so day 2 is to start the habit of taking a multivitamin each day.

Here is a great article about the importance of taking a daily multivitamin.

Multivitamins: Should You Take One?

1 comment:

  1. Our fam recently discovered the joys of gummy vitamins! They are awesome. I don't think any of us have missed a day since those babies came home:)

    ReplyDelete