Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 5: Plan to Fast

In our religion (LDS), we practice a monthly habit of fasting for 24 hours from food and drink. This is a habit that has truly benefited me personally. It makes me feel more in control of my body. It makes me more aware of how frequently and easily I am able to feed myself. It makes me aware of those who may not be able to eat as readily as I do. Most importantly for me though, it has helped me take the focus off of myself for a little while to meditate on spiritual things. Things like my family relationships, my goals for the future, and how to become more Christ-like.

This morning I read an article talking about how Mormons who practice regular fasting may have a lower risk of heart disease. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22186390/ns/health/t/hungry-mormons-offer-clues-heart-disease/)
Check it out and start planning your own 24 hour fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment