Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 3:You need a Bedtime too!



Right up front, this is so not like me to be challenging people to do things that I am terrible at (Megan, I am not sure exactly how I got into this, but I must love you!)

Today's challenge will be to get your body in the habit of going to bed at the same time every night. Many sleep experts tell us it is important to get ourselves in a sleep routine. To feel truly rested we should stick to the same bedtime (and wake time) every day of the week. We should be aiming for around 7-9 hours of sleep each night -young children need at least 10. This makes sense to me. I know my children seem much happier when I help them stick to a bedtime. Why wouldn't the same be true for adults? While I can't tell you all of the scientific benefits of going to bed on time, I can level with you about what happens to me when I don't get enough sleep...I have a hard time keeping up with Megan when we are running, I'm easily annoyed with my family, I feel too tired to get all of the things done that I need to which then makes me want to eat sugar to get some energy. After overdosing on sugar I feel depressed for blowing my resolutions to eat more healthy. This can not be good. It is definitely time to change my ways!

1 comment:

  1. I went to bed last night at 9:30 sharp! When the girls woke me up at 5:30 this morning I actually felt rested. Thanks Gina! I am looking forward to having a bed time!

    ReplyDelete