Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 4: Don't Drink Your Calories!


Before you read any further you gotta read these articles:

http://simpleweightlosstechniques.blogspot.com/2007/12/dont-drink-your-calories.html

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2009/08/12/dont-drink-calories/


These articles REALLY opened my eyes to how much calories I have added to my meals by drinking soda, juices, or even my favorite smoothie (600+ calories wow!). When I usually dine out at a restaurant I treat myself to soda with my meal. I can't imagine how many calories I consumed after drinking two to three large glasses.

For years I used to give my kids apple juice everyday counting it as their fruit servings. I don't think I will ever buy juice for my kids again. Fresh fruit will be taking its place on my shopping list! And if you can't go without your juice in the morning, fresh squeezed juice is delicious and you aren't getting all of the extra sugar that is in the store bought stuff.

Instead of buying your favorite juices or soda you can substitute them with 0 calorie drinks like Crystal Light. They are yummy and guilt-free! However, water is the best thing to drink!

Do you have a favorite guilt-free drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment