Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 6: Good Day, Sunshine!

I love Summer because to me it means outside play! I grew up in San Diego, CA and with its perfect weather for being outside that's what I did - played outside all day, every day. I remember as a kid leaving in the morning to go play with friends outside and and not coming in until dinner. When Summer break came my mom would take us to the beach several times a week and we would be there all day playing in the water, sand or just relaxing in the sun.

I am sure a lot of you have similar memories of your childhood. Playing outside is like eating candy for kids - they love and savor every minute of it!

Today's challenge is to relive some of your childhood memories and get outside at least 20 minutes a day to play. Plant a garden and tend to it, walk your dog, grab a book and sit and relax, take your kids to the park, mow your lawn,... There are a lot of things we could be doing.

Here is a REALLY good article on the benefits of getting outside. I like it because it talks about how important sunshine is for women's health. Hope you take time to read it. I know you will just love it! I did and am excited to implement this healthy habit into my daily life:

The Sunshine Vitamin: Get Your Vitamin D

Have fun outside and be sure to record your 20 minutes of outside time on your tracking sheet everyday!

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking of sending my kids out to play; now I think I'll go out there with them and enjoy the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete